Try the following actions to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Make Sure the SIM Card Network Matches the BlackBerry Smartphone Network
Perform a visual inspection of the SIM card and check if the network is the same as the network labeled on the BlackBerry® smartphone.
BlackBerry Device Software 5.0
- On the Home screen, click Options.
- Select Mobile Network. The Mobile Network field will display which carrier the device is connected to.
BlackBerry Device Software 6.0 to 7.0
- On the home screen, click Options.
- Click Networks and Connections.
- Click Mobile Network. The name in the Mobile Network field must match the network labeled on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Make Sure the SIM Card is Correctly Inserted in the BlackBerry Smartphone
Reposition the SIM card or reinsert the SIM card securely into the SIM card slot on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Make Sure the SIM Card is not Damaged
Replace the SIM card if it is damaged.
Make Sure Services have been Provisioned for the SIM Card
Verify that voice services are provisioned correctly.
Try to Reproduce the Issue Using a Different, Working SIM Card
Try to reproduce the issue using another working SIM card. If you cannot reproduce the issue, replace the customer’s existing SIM card.
Make Sure that You are in an Area of Adequate Signal Strength
If the signal strength is weak, move the BlackBerry smartphone to an area with better wireless network coverage.
Visually Inspect the BlackBerry Smartphone for Indications of Customer Misuse or Physical Damage
If you uncover physical damage, follow your wireless service provider’s policies to service or return the BlackBerry smartphone.
Here are some common examples of physical damage:
If this issue is still not resolved, follow your wireless service provider’s procedures to service or return the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Cracked or scratched screen
- Signs of potential liquid damage, such as the following:
- An active liquid damage indicator in the battery compartment or near the trackball
- Sticky residue around the battery
- Green or white corrosion around the battery
- A foggy screen
- Missing keys
- Missing trackball or trackpad
- Cracked housing
- Missing SIM card door or bent pins in the SIM card tray
- Cracked camera lens
- Bent pins or debris on the USB port
- Loose USB port (USB cannot connect tightly)